Increase Website Traffic with a Tailored Website Design.
Savvy business owners realize the correlation between increasing website traffic and more leads, sales, purchases and new business, but what’s even more important is understanding how users are interacting with website content.
While it’s typical to think the more people on your website, the more
conversions you’ll have, that’s not always the case. If your website doesn’t
have the right content or if the structure is off and the layout confusing,
potential customers that did find you site might become disinterested before
they make a purchase or fill out a form.
Before you make any changes to your current site or begin development of new site, consider a website design tailored to your specific audience. To get there, you’ll need to follow these tips:
- Dig up information about your audience to craft a message that addresses their needs. Determine all potential buyer personas and develop content that piques their unique interests or pain points. Then, place this information in an easily accessible location on your site — preferably the homepage — so users can tell within seconds of landing on your site if your company can meet their needs.
- Don’t let your website become a tangled web of pages, where customers get lost and confused. Keep content and design clean and organized to attract customers and allow them to navigate easily. Ever heard of whitespace? That’s the negative or empty space on a website that allows text, images and other elements to breathe and not overwhelm users.
- Develop a blog. Start out with one to two posts a week as you’re building your repertoire of content. This not only helps with search engine optimization (SEO) efforts but blogs are now commonplace in website design. Most of your website users are going to expect you have some custom content curated just for them.
- A website design is incomplete without social media links and a sign-up for emails. A news section with press and the latest events you’re attending also helps keep your customers informed.
- Once your website is up, don’t just sit back. Your website can become overgrown with content if you continually add and build to it, so it’s important to make updates regularly. You don’t have to redesign your website every quarter, but our website design experts do recommend regular maintenance. You can also track traffic on every page. If one is underperforming, it might be time to switch something up.
Ready to take your website design to the next level with these tips and more? Get in touch with Design At Work, we’ve got teams of experts ready to breathe life into your brand!