A Public Relations Account Executive/Copywriter at Design At Work is a full-time team member that provides copywriting for all client marketing materials, including brochures, websites, direct mail campaigns, ads, eNewsletters, feature stories, posters, flyers and more. They also proactively lead client PR efforts through writing, editing and distributing a wide variety of PR materials, including press releases, media alerts, calendar listings and editorial pitches. The ideal candidate has experience in copywriting from a marketing perspective.
Qualities for a good fit:
- Has experience and excels in writing
- Must be detail oriented
- Able to multi-task and work at a very fast pace
- Open to taking direction from Account Manager with clients’ needs in mind
- Strong desire to learn and be challenged
- Able to maintain a high standard of work excellence
- Strong time and project management skills
- Should be an outgoing individual, who works comfortably on an independent level, but can still collaborate with team members to create consistent client messaging
Other important qualifications:
- A college degree in English, Journalism or Communications preferred, but not required
- Experience: 2+ years preferred
- Able to attend meetings with clients to discuss projects
- Able to create, update and maintain client-specific media lists
- Able to monitor own deadlines
- Must be able to work on-site in Houston office
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Agency experience a plus
What we need to consider you for the position:
- Samples of your work
We have a work hard, play hard mentality. We want to see what you’ve got!
* Please no phone calls.
* Please do not come in person to speak with anyone without an appointment.
* Please submit any information requests and inquiries concerning this position to email@example.com ONLY. Any applicants who submit their resume to any other email address will not be considered.